Next to the Bacon wrapped back strap recipe I posted, this is another family Favorite!!! And in my boy's opinion..the CHEASIER...THE BETTER!!!!!
They call this one "Pizza Meat"
BAKED VENISON PARMESAN
1 1/2 lb Venison steaks. (boneless) butterfly cuts work well.
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 Tsp garlic salt
1/2 Tsp Italian seasoning
1 large egg
salt an dpepper
2 TBSP butter
2 cups spaghetti sauce
2 cupsshredded Mozzarella chese
1) combine breadcrumbs,parmesan,garlic salt, and italian seasoning in a bowl.Set aside.
2) Beat egg salt and peper in a second bowl.
3) Dip meat in egg mixture, coating well, let excess drip off, then coat well with breadcrumbs.
4) Place steaks on a plate and place in fridge for 20-30 minutes to set crumbs. (Alot of times I will do this step when I have time...then finish them later in the day)
5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees; melt butter in a 9x13 casserole dish in the oven; until melted and dish is hot.
6)Add steaks to HOT pan, bake for 20 minutes.
7) Flip steaks, and pour spaghetti sauce over the meat and bake another 20 minutes or so.(Time will vary...depending on how thick your steaks are)
8)Top with the 2 cups of mozzarella, bakeing for 5 more minutes or untill the cheese is melted.